15-year-old girl and the student of 10th grade when she attempted suicide. On Sep 7, 2012, she uploaded her video on YouTube website describing about all the bullying and blackmailing that she has faced in her life. Three days after posting the video on YouTube, she was found dead. Amada has relocated to many cities and schools but failed to run-away from everything that happened with her. She was blackmailed, stalked, bullied, and threatened by an aged person. Amanda was so depressed that she started harming herself. Amanda stuck in new problem by running away from its past. Amanda was called by many names like “Cam Whore, porn start, and many questions.” and mentally torched by her schoolfellows. All these situations lead to the great depression for Amanda. His depression was so venerable that she ended-up to sleep with a person who is already has a girlfriend — afterward, a gang of 15 people who are ganged-up and started beating Amanda. Amanda made a tattoo on her hand stating “Stay Strong” to halt her from wounding her wrist. Amanda committed suicide on 10th October 2012 (Kelly, Mark, 2013).
Bulling Amanda has faced
- Sexual bullying
- Emotional bullying
Consequences Amanda has experienced as the result of bullying
- Less Self Worth and lack of self-esteem
- Become needy of other people’s approval
- Looking for someone to accept her presence
- Amanda was attacked by 15 people physically and verbally
- Addicted to alcohol, overdosed and started harming herself
Strategies to prevent bullying of Amanda
- Police should investigate the complete matter when they are contacted for the 1st time.
- The teacher should take strict actions inside the school and make awareness among students to prevent bullying
Similarities and Differences in bullying cases
- Physical and emotional bullying
- Students often spread rumors
- Internet or Cyberbullying is very popular in students and children
- Students were often bullied by the other students they know
- There is no bullying awareness program in schools
Key Contributing factors that lead to bullying
- No bullying awareness programs in schools
- Less group counseling sessions
Prevention of bullying
- There must be bullying awareness programs in schools to prevent it
- Group counseling must be encouraged in school, and bulling therapy programs should be designed for particular children and students.
Many schools have specially designed a bullying awareness week. Bullying is becoming a disease, and it is continuously spreading. Fun activities are letting children learn more about bullying. Children must know the consequences of bullying and its outcomes. Schools must also encourage and necessitate all of their teachers to exclaim as they witness bullying anywhere, and teacher must not neglect it. Schools should conduct a survey among the students that how much children have faced bullying and harassment in school hours. There are thousands of students and children all over the United States and Canada that are facing sexual harassment and bullying. They are mentally torching the kids and children become addicted to drugs and alcohol as the result of bullying and even started hurting themselves. The lack of interest among schools and teachers are also one of the reason of increasing bullying day by day (Regoli, R. M, & J. Hewitt, & M. DeLisi, 2015).
Students that are the victim of bullying and harassment should be referred to as proper treatment and undergoes bulling therapy so that they could come out from the depression. If only one of the above option were available for Amanda, her life could be saved.
Regoli, R. M, & J. Hewitt, & M. DeLisi. (2015). Delinquency in society Burlington, MA, Jones.
Kelly, Mark. (2013) The fifth element “The sextortion of Amanda Todd” http://www.cbc.ca/fifth