Max Bupa India is a health insurance company formed after combination of UK Headquartered Healthcare Service Expert with Bupa and Max India Limited. Just like all other insurance plans, the aim of the insurance company is to become the top health insurance providers available in India. To ensure that this goal is achieved, the company has combined both knowledge and skills in coming up with the health insurance.
Max Bupa health insurance has been available for more than six decades and has over 29 million customers in 190 countries. Besides being health experts, they also offer health insurance related services which includes clinical research, hospitals and life insurance. If you are looking for a company that offers health care and insurance at the same time, Max Bupa is the best option for you. The professionals are also known to keep their promises through upgrades and constant research, which has also led to major improvements in the health insurance industry. The main aim of Max Bupa health insurance is to have a long tem relationship with all their clients.
What makes max Bupa health insurance policy the best option?
With the current lifestyle, individuals are normally exposed to different types of diseases, and some of them require immediate medical attention. The healthcare costs are also increasing at rapid rate. This is where Max Bupa health insurance comes in. Considering that there are individuals who have a fixed monthly income with no relative growth, Max Bupa insurance plans are available in 3 main categories
- Family/extended family
- Fixed benefit
This makes it simple for individuals to insure themselves against any unexpected medical conditions without incurring a lot of medical expenses. The Max Bupa company has both online and offline options available to their customers. In this review. We are mainly going to focus on Max Bupa heartbeat family floater.
Max pupa heartbeat family floater
Max Bupa heartbeat family floater policy offers coverage for the entire family. It covers both the individual and his/ her family members in case of illness or accidents. It is one of the best health options available for the entire family.
The policy tem is normally 1-2 years and the sum incurred varies from 1 to 2 lakhs. The policy covers pre hospitalization for 30 days and 60 days post hospitalization. There are also cashless treatment available in more than 3, 500 hospitals across the country.
The policy covers hospitalization expenses when one or more family members are hospitalized. The accumulated expenses that the individual incurred during the illness is normally refunded. However, the treatment period should be 30 days before the individual is hospitalized and 60 days after hospitalization.
What does it cover?
Due to the high technological advancements, there are procedures that may not require an individual to be hospitalized for at least 24 hours for them to raise claim. One benefit of the plan is that it also covered these procedures
Organ donor cover
The policy also covers medical expenses for up to the total sum insured for both harvesting the organ and treatment for the organ donor.
Health check ups
Health checkups are also available which cover only the listed tests. This ranges from yearly to once after 2 years check ups
An individual can also take treatments from home ranging between Rs 2.5 – 10,000 lakhs. But this depends with an individual’s plan variant
Non- allopathic treatment
Non allopathic treatment expenses are also covered by the plan
- Ambulance expense are also covered up to the sum insured by the individual
- Maternity expenses are covered ranging from Rs 1-20, 000 lakhs.
- Free look period. If you decide not to proceed with this policy, you can always file for refund within 15 days from the date of receipt.
- Loyalty benefit. The loyalty benefit offers clients with a total discount of up to 10% the last premium paid or a 10% increase on the sum insured.
- International coverage. With the plan, a person is eligible for worldwide treatment except in the U.S and Canada, with a total compensation of Rs 1.5-10 Lakhs
- Newborn cover. With the sum insured, expenses related to the new born will be covered without any additional premium.
Terms and conditions
- Co-payments. The plan offers 10-20% co pay for individuals who are below the age of 65 years. . But it is mandatory for a person who is above the age of 65 years. The co -pay normally reduces by 5%after every renewal, which leads it to zero after being renewed for the 4th time. Specific illnesses. With the policy, specific illness are also covered, but only after you are covered with the policy for more than 24 months. .
- Pre -existing illness. Such conditions can be claimed for after 48 months of the policy’s start date.
- Within 90 days. There is no treatment that will be covered until an accident or emergency occurs
What are the advantage of max Bupa heartbeat family floater?
- Newborn babies have the advantage of being covered by default without any additional premium incurred, until the policy is renewed.
- An individual has the option of being covered for up to 2 years with a discount available
- At a network hospital, cashless approval is normally within 4 hours.
- In case of any emergencies, ambulance expenses are catered for
- There is also coverage for vaccination expenses.
- An individual will benefit from free health checkups which are always available max Bupa designated centers. But this is only after you are covered by the policy for more than 2 years.
- Assured policy renewal for life
- Direct claim settlement
- The premium incurred is normally tax- free
Details about premium
The annual premium entirely depends on the plan that the individual chooses. You can always refer to their website for more details.
The sum insured is between 2 to 50 lakhs
After an individual is covered for at least 2 years, he or she will benefit from a 12.5% discount on the second year’s premium
- both newborns and senior citizens are covered by the policy
- free health checkup is available for 2 years
- international cashless facility
The family floater plan does not cover treatment due to the following conditions:
- If you get any illness due to excessive consumption of alcohol and other addictive substances, you will not be covered by the policy
- attempted suicide
- medical conditions that may occur due to childbirth, abortion or miscarriage
- HIV and AIDS
- congenital disease
- vitro fertilization and infertility
- hospitalization after riot, war or strike
- eye treatment expenses are not covered
- dental treatments are not covered
- The benefit does not apply to preexisting medical conditions
- Also, treatments that consist of non-allopathic medicine are not covered by the policy
- Aesthetic, cosmetic are other related treatments are not covered by the policy
For you to buy the policy, you need to fill an application form, include all your medical details with a proof address. At some point, you will be required to have medical examination. This is normally based on the individual health and the sum insured
There is no age limit
Review of Max Bupa heartbeat family floater
If you have an extended, or large family that needs to be covered by an insurance policy, Max Bupa heartbeat family insurance plan is the best option for you. Besides the large number of benefits offered, the plan also caters for other medical expenses for newborn babies and other diagnostic procedures.