I. Although robots were created to make life easier for us, their creation have taken over the way we live our lives and how we interact with each other. It is causing us more harm due to our reliance with these technologies.
Thesis statement. Robots will affect our American economy in the future because of relying too much on technology and a lot of jobs will be lost and affect the economy as a result of this.
II. Body A
– How will robots affect our economy?
– Robots and Artificial Intelligence brings convenience to our society but it is not helping our economy.
– Robots are replacing our human work force
(Gray, John O., and Darwin G. Caldwell, eds. Advanced robotics & intelligent machines. No. 51. IET, 1996).
– If robots replaces people, then most jobs will be lost
– Relying on technology makes people lazy
– Is the advance in technology making people less productive because of its reliance in technology?
– Every time people need something, they just use their smartphones for quick answers.
– Our reliance with electronic devices is going to drive our society to laziness.
(Siciliano, Bruno, and Oussama Khatib, eds. Springer handbook of robotics. Springer, 2016).
– Robots and Artificial Intelligence brings a lot of positive things to our society but it has one negative impact that will affect our economy in the future and that is the kind of jobs that will be available to us.
– Our reliance on technology and not doing actual work to find answers to our questions not only leads to laziness but also the loss of personal human interaction due to technology. Everyone is starting to become robots themselves.
– If we don’t change our ways and rely on robots and technology all the time, there might become a time in our future where robots will take over and human will cease to exist.
How robots will affect the American economy in the future
There is no doubt in saying that we are living in the world that has outreached the horizons of technology and has created mind-blowing realities that were once out of imagination. It seems the word impossible has been deductively excluded by the technology of 21st century. There is nothing impossible for the technical world of the 21st century as we have mastered the art of creation and has introduced an intelligent robotic replacement strategy that would be a revolutionary shift in the history of the world. Robots will affect our American economy in the future because of relying too much on technology and a lot of jobs will be lost and affect the economy as a result of this.
The highly advanced machines are taking over the white collar jobs and posing threats and vulnerability to people like for instance to the people at radiology jobs. They have been threatened by the heavy machine robots ho can perform theirs tasks with much more accuracy in lesser time. These robots are real time threat to the radiologists and are getting serious attention. It is not the only problem of radiology job but soon all the manual jobs in America would be replaced by robots that will arise economic problems of poverty issue in the states. A survey suggests that almost 702 jobs are under treat of replacement in America by robots and around 47% man power is at risk. This is almost half the population been threatened to this problem.
The middle skill jobs are being lowered as compared to low and high skilled jobs this posing issue of job polarization in America and has been concerned by Economists. The big data companies and IT firms are also aiming at replacing the manual workers. Some industrialists suggest it would open new gates for people like past exposure of computers with mankind. Who can rightly suggest what future holds for us as we may get more opportunities with this replacement. The Al itself concept would take climb over rest of the things like the automation of vehicles in the coming decade would do wonders (The impact on jobs).
Machines by definition are meant to aid the humans and have provided a lot of ease to the humanity. But with the advent of the 21st century, a drastic shift has been noticed in the working, up gradation and implementation of robotic labor. It is something very common in the developed country. The intelligent and personalized robots have made the lives easier, but all good comes with evil in advance, and they say with adversity follows advancement. The robotics discipline has got a lot of recognition from the people and consumers of elite class as they can afford and benefit themselves from its wonders (Gray and Darwin).
Besides all the aids and assistances been provided by robots, there are some obvious threats to the humanity in regards to their replacement by robots in 2020. Perfection is the illusion been followed up by the world, and this has deluded them with the concept of replacing the natural with the artificial. The human is best known for their imperfection; this gives the humanity purpose to strive for facilitating living. Imagine being raised up in a perfect world, where every single thing is perfect, it might fascinate for days or weeks, but it would snatch away the essence and beauty of living, struggle, passion, improvement, learning and growth.
A big challenge of technology and automation is the spread of laziness among people specially Americans who would procrastinate over their daily chores and would end up in retaining dreadful diseases and health issues. The machines make us dependent and our biological systems has got weaken by this fact. Our muscles and body has been weaken and laziness has been incorporated in our roots.
Internet, smartphones and social media has posed threats to the younger generation and it has took over the markets in a few decades. This advanced technology has given us more loss than benefits and we are unaware of such facts and take the realities by the way unless some serious problems arise on the surface. Technology has distracted us and made us vulnerable in terms of keeping relations, maintaining health and leading independent life. We have got lazier, less productive and least concerning towards each other (are-smartphones-making-us-lazy-thinkers).
It has been noticed by the humanitarians, psychologists, and sociologists that the humans have developed and nourished intolerance among them self. We are least endurable with unwanted changes, spontaneous acts, behaviors and people’s choices. We have got fewer acceptances for each other, and we prefer living in privacy and solitude, this has given room to the robots to surround our lives with their perfection where they never betray, disobey, hurt and expect, this has strengthened the association of the alone individual with a perfect robot that seems to be the sole property of the owner (Siciliano, Bruno, and Oussama).
The concept of android robots and intelligence been fed into them has threatened the world by their ultimate perfection and rationalization. It has posed the question and probability of replacement of humans by robots. The man is made with the defaulted nature of making mistakes that have been overcome by a robot. New strategies are being devised in regards to replacement of labor work with robots that would minimize the error, but no idea what threat would it pose to the world as the fired human resources would increase the poverty and distress levels in the world. The perfection of the machine is a fact that can’t be denied but at what cost we are ready to replace the manpower with a machine?
Furthermore, the perfection of the robot is a matter of human creation. There is no replacement to the human mind, and this cannot be incorporated into any machine. Is this fact enough to lower the posted vulnerability of humankind from replacement by the robot? It might raise completion and struggle between both but at what cost? Would everyone get an equal chance to fight and improve their living or would it further divide the people into economic divisions? These challenges and questions are a significant threat and warning to the regulating and implementing bodies to think about the overall well-being and peace of the world.
Hence, Robots and Artificial Intelligence brought a lot of positive things to our society but it has one negative impact that will affect our economy in the future and that is the kind of jobs that will be available to us. Our reliance on technology and not doing actual work to find answers to our questions not only leads to laziness but also the loss of personal human interaction due to technology. Everyone has become robots themselves. If we don’t change our ways and rely on robots and technology all the time, there might become a time in our future where robots will take over and human will cease to exist. We need to ponder deeply over these facts to make a healthy shift in our busy lives that seems to be consumed by the technology. We need to develop healthy habits, making proactive choices that would lead us towards independent life style. The relation of robots and artificial intelligence is not bad with humans but it is our choice how we incorporate in our lives.
- Her speech is ironic because she doesn’t take interest in discussion session and tried to defend herself against the superficial world that uses masked expressions and intellect’s hypertrophy. She got gut feeling as if something was wrong.
- Herbie has to follow the First law, which says that robot cannot harm a person. But Herbie can read minds, so he understands ‘harm’ and what it does to feelings. So he’s been telling everyone what they want to hear because he doesn’t want to harm anyone’s feelings.
- He is trying to follow first law that is not to harm any human but in doing so he harms himself.
- This led him into insanity because just like human brain he tried for an escape as he didn’t want to hurt himself and anybody else and he got telepathic.
“Little Lost Robot”
- It has no first law imprinted in his brain.
- Because it do not harms the human by any mean according to the law in spite it helped and obeyed them.
- Calvin got worried that Nester with modified first law might resent being dominated by humans who are inferior to robots and may be with such unstable positronic brain Nester could lose the remaining first law.
- His superiority complex caused his downfall.
- It has been created as a massive computer that can store mechanical data. It is a positronic brain that doesn’t fear death.
- Because the super computer got broken and lost data where this issue can’t be posed in the brain this makes the brain superior to the massive computer.
- Because they considered themselves being dead as they no more exited they experienced being in hell and supposed to be dead for a while.
- It developed a coping mechanism and instead of escaping from alcoholism and madness brain turned out to be a practical joker.
- The proof was that he lost his family in a car accident and lately he got recovered by robotic treatment.
- She concluded him being a robot because when the guy comes up to the stage Byerley gives him space and autonomy to speak, the guy insults him but he didn’t respond harshly that proves him being robot. So he doesn’t breaks the first law that proves him a robot.
“The Evitable Conflict”
- The world has got changed as it has been led by robotics who are not prone to death and were superficially superior to humans. But they didn’t know their own reality being robots and seems to have vulnerability through pout their life. The machines were running the world.
- They ease their work and benefit them omitting all laws of harming them. They share a friendly relation.
- They served humanity, they didn’t harm human, they would obey humans at any cost and the robot would protect themselves as long as the protection doesn’t conflicts first and second law.
” Are-smartphones-making-us-lazy-thinkers? New Study Says They Are …” N.p., n.d. Web. 2 June 2017.
“The impact on jobs: Automation and anxiety | The Economist.” N.p., n.d. Web. 2 June 2017.
Gray, John O., and Darwin G. Caldwell, eds. Advanced robotics & intelligent machines. No. 51. IET, 1996.
Siciliano, Bruno, and Oussama Khatib, eds. Springer handbook of robotics. Springer, 2016.