Disaster Recovery Plan of Nozama firm
Disaster recovery plan it is a business plan that explains or illustrate how business activities can resume its operation effectively and faster after the disaster. It is continuity planning, and it’s employed in the firm that relies on the IT infrastructure for it functioning. For example of the Nozama firm that relies on the MIS system for its operation. The firm needs to develop disaster recovery plan, which will handle the disaster in case it occurs.
Building disaster recovery plan
The following are the procedure used to build disaster recovery plan in the firm.
- Conduct asset inventory all the resource available and the system used in the operation which is MIS system.
- Perform risk analysis that will assist in understanding the performance of the available system and identify possible threats in the system.
- Set up the objective, scope, and team for the plan and identify the right techniques and tools to be used.
- Document and communicate the plan to all stakeholder of the firm.
- Test and implement the plan to be used.
- Evaluate and upgrade the plan if it is not very perfect.
The main objective of the plan is to detect, identify and resolve threats that may affect the performance of the system. Therefore, the team set aside for disaster recovery plan should work to resolve the issue before it becomes uncontrollable.
Purpose of the disaster recovery plan
The policy document defines the requirement that should put in place to develop and implement by the Nozama firm which will describe the procedure to recover MIS system. The major concern is based on the data and application that may be affected by any disaster that can cause a major outage.
In the Nozama firm, the firm use MIS system in its operation, therefore the security of the information kept in the database is important. Also, the connection between the components of the firm system is guaranteed. Finally, all the firm accessories should be kept in the secure place free from thieves. Hence to protect the firm system from all these threats, the firm disaster recovery plan team should come up with constraints that will identify threats at its early stage. For example, each system component or device should be installed with antivirus to keep them safe from virus. Each system user should authorize be the system administrator. The firm database should be kept in safe place and system administrator should backup data daily in other stores for the safety of the information in case of the damage of firm database. Therefore the constraint developed in the system should be intelligent to identify the user before authorizing him to access the resource in the system.
Network disaster recovery
- Assess and identify network outage
- Analyze the system with ICT management
- Develop constraints for network assets
- Decision to call upon network disaster recovery plan
- Initiate recovery plan activities
- Contact appropriate carriers and vendors
- Follow recovery procedure
- Report the matter to senior ICT management
Abram, B. (2012). Tips to Build an Effective Disaster Recovery Plan.
Bahan, C. (2014). Disaster Recovery Planning – Step by Step Guides. Michigan State University.
Wold, G. (1997). Disaster Recovery Planning Process. Disaster Recovery Journal.