TGP Telecom Australia has a dedicated customer services department with 40 employees working in day and night shifts to solve the problems of customers. The current situation of TGL Telecom is declining due to weaknesses in customer services in the customer care positions. It is often heard by customers that their complains are not handled more effectively. As an expert, I have been assigned the task to assess the strengths and weaknesses of customer care personnel and provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
There is a lot of room of improvement due to current situation less effective for the organization to gain maximum benefit from their customer services staff.
Weaknesses in Customer Care
The current problems in customer care are serious which need immediate attention. The worst weakness of the customer support department is that many representatives do not avoid talking too much with their colleagues and distract them from doing their work properly. They are also found to give favors to their friends and family on calls. Some reps are found to be debating with the angry customers which is not beneficial for the organization. Employees often end up arguing with the customers which let them down.
Improvements to Situation
- The most important strength in customer support employees is the self control becase they have to deal and talk to the customers directly on behalf of the company. They must develop the ability to stay calm and stay in control when they handle a difficult client. Some customers will call and complain about the services, employers should hire the reps who remain calm during their jobs and avoid talking too much with their colleagues.
- Another strength they can develop is to work hard. It is a skill that no one can teach them, they should seek to help others when there are no calls from clients. If they show total commitment and hard work, their effort will never be wasted.
- To bring prosperity to company, the customer care representatives must develop abilities to become team players the worker can still rely on other workers to answer questions and get guidance. The strength lies in recognizing the situations in which the employee can work alone.
- The company may not have the perfect products for the customers, but they have to sell them. Suggesting customers the benefits of their products may increase the efficiency of customer support and organization. The support team must improve their knowledge about the company’s products and services to accommodate the customer’s needs and make continuous improvement.
- Rewarding the best employees is a great strategy management should adopt to encourage continuous improvement in their work.
Benefits of Proposal
The above proposal will help the employees to become more efficient and organized in the customer support department.If they follow these instructions, they will be able to boost their careers in the organization. It will also help the organization to achieve its goals.
If the proposal is not implemented, the cost of not implementing this proposal will be further decline in the customer care services of the organization which will only result in loss of profits but valuable clients. The image of company will become weaker nationwide.
Adopting to Change
Employees put in their maximum effort sometimes that is not enough, they have to work overtime or work harder to accomplish the goal of continuous improvement. When workload expands, instead of hiring new staff, the employees can do overtime. The employees must realize that busy season demand more work from them and overtime will be paid to them for extra hours. Fair labor standards will be followed regarding overtime and each employee will get a break between the extra hours.
Barrows, S. (2018). Four Ways to Improve Customer Service. [online] Entrepreneur. Available at: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/217697 [Accessed 4 Feb. 2018].
Bizfluent. (2018). How to Ask an Employee to Work Overtime. [online] Available at: https://bizfluent.com/how-8545708-ask-employee-work-overtime.html [Accessed 4 Feb. 2018].