There are many versions of love in our lives, struggling relationships, and broken hearts leads to depression; choosing your friends and life partners is a matter of serious planning. We can cherish our relationships in life by honoring and respecting them to find, true happiness and peace.Introduction
Life is an amazing journey full of happy and sad experiences. The world is not a paradise; it is a place where we laugh, learn, love, hate, cry, cherish and destroy our relationship with our families are friends. Being a billionaire never makes anyone truly satisfied or a happy soul, our marriages slip into crisis because we do not want to work hard enough to keep them at the optimum level. The result is a failure or broken marriage which plants the seed of grief and sadness in the hearts of couples. I have also been through this bitterness and learned an important lesson from my life after my failed marriage.
I never wanted to divorce my wife; I feel this has been the biggest loss of my life. I did not take my marriage for granted, but I was not able to understand the complex nature of this beautiful relationship between husband and wife. We both were happily married for one year and three months; we started our lives with promises and cheers. But it all ended up in a loveless relationship; without maturity, we decided to part ways. I regret my decision of divorce and want to share what I have learned from this mishap in life. This was the turning point when I transformed emotionally, became more generous, appreciating and happy person than ever before. Now I can see my divorce as a springboard for better things in my future.
Lessons I Learned From My Failed Marriage
The following lessons I have learned will help me not to stage anymore with my future marriage and family life.
- Relationship Survives With Care, I had confidence in my wife, but it began to shatter slowly and turned into a misplaced confidence. I began to see that the woman I married was not the same woman after a year; people change with age and environment, the need of the time is to get to know their inner feelings to live with them well. I have learned that I was not interested in caring for my wife’s inner feelings, and she slipped away further from me. Of course, I will not repeat that mistake next time.
- Money does bring luxuries, but I don’t bring happiness and lasting peace in life. I have learned from my broken marriage that I needed to give more time to my relationship with the loved ones. I was too caught up in business deals and making money. I have read numerous psychology books; they revealed me the ingredients of happy relationships and relationship of money in our lives. Money brings material gifts our loved ones cherish, but if they do not have a companion to enjoy all the blessings, they get lost or find someone else to satisfy y their emotional needs. I now breathe through discomfort to remember how I put money first and relationship second in my life, it made me tense and finally fell apart. The trauma I gave my wife was a painful experience of abandonment which I could see from her body language.
- Successful relationships with loved ones need more holistic approach, God’s true gift is the love and affection of your family and friends who care for you in every adversity. My journey of having a loving family and parents made me proud, I was a straight-A student but had no skill to win the trust of my wife. She was trusting her dog more than her husband as I was frequently away from her with other women outside. Now I realize that it destroyed her current faith in me. My attitude made fearful and lonely; I’m sure I will never become such a harsh husband again.
- My research on relationship and psychology made me understand that relationships flourish with gratitude, attention, and generosity which I lacked in my character. My family business was my priority and it often stood in the way of my relationship with the spouse. I hardly took her for shopping or movies on weekends; God gave me soulmate with a golden heart and could not understand the meaning of love in life. Now I believe in love, and I see myself as a better man. When you learn to appreciate a woman with generosity, she returns the favor in a brilliant way. This lesson has transformed my values and beliefs about the precious relationship between husband and wife.
- If you want to send a hugely positive message to your loved ones and save your damaging relationships, then take responsibility for the longevity of your relationship. Do not nag your spouse when she leaves dirty dishes in the sink, try to agree with her decision to avoid fighting and arguing. Ego is the relationship killer that stops you to respond positively to any communication problems in relationships; reacting angrily to your spouse is never going to a strengthened relationship with her. This lesson will surely boost my love life in the future.
What I have learned from my dilemma that if you cannot always change your circumstances, you can change your response or attitude towards them. I have concluded from this bitter experience in life that when a man or woman learns to appreciate each other, then their relationship becomes fruitful. Having a loving family is a blessing which should be taken seriously, and the relationship is worth fighting for.
“10 Ways To Save A Struggling Marriage – Imam”. iMom. N.p., 2017. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.
Olson, Phillip. The Nature Of Life. Waiheke Island, N.Z.: Nature of Life Pub., 1999. Print.
O’Neill, Jennifer. Surviving Myself. New York: W. Morrow, 1999. Print.