- Fahs reveals that, “women orgasm far less often than men (69% versus 95%) (Fahs 974). The findings indicates that men are more likely to experience orgasm. The results suggests that men are more satisfied with sex compared to women (Fahs). Faking orgasm is more common in women (Armstrong).
- According to Fahs, “those who faked orgasm were typically in their 20s” (Fahs 974). The fact depicts that young women pretends orgasm more when compared to the mature women. The reason for young woman to fake orgasm is to display their sexual desire (Fahs). During youth woman want to exhibit sexual satisfaction causing them to fake orgasm (Armstrong).
- According to Fahs, “67% of women college students faked orgasm during PVI” (Fahs 975). The findings of Fahs reveals that women exhibits tendency of faking orgasm. It also indicates that majority of women don’t experience natural orgasm and they pretend to their partners. The chances of faking orgasm is significantly high among women (Fahs). Women more likely fake orgasm (Armstrong).
- Fahs states that, “faking orgasm occurred more often when woman believed their partner was cheating on them” (Fahs 976). The information reveals that women pretended orgasm with an attempt to maintain their relationship with their partners and due to the fear of losing them (Fahs). Women who intend to keep their partners happy fakes orgasm (Armstrong).
- According to Fahs, “sometimes women faked orgasm to escape feelings of shame and guilt” (Fahs 981). The findings indicates that the reason for women to fake orgasm is to prove her normalcy. She believes that without orgasm she cannot please her partner (fahs). Inability to display orgasm leads to shame (Armstrong).
- Fahs identifies that, “where women felt insecure, uncertain, or over-concerned about a partner’s feelings, faking orgasm occurred more often” (Fahs 984). The reason for women to fake orgasm is to overcome their insecurities as they attempt to maintain control over their partner (Fahs). The desire to stay in relationship motivate women to fake orgasm (Armstrong).
- According to Fahs, “women’s best orgasm experiences occurred most often during non-PVI activities” (Fahs 984). The findings reveals that the original and best orgasm occurs during non-PVI activities as women derive highest pleasure (Fahs). Orgasm shows direct relevance with pleasure (Armstrong).
- Fahs states that, “potential for orgasm symbolize hopelessness, resentment and conflict” (Fahs 984). According to the researcher the reasons for faking orgasm is to overcome the negative feelings of hopelessness and resentment. Women during stress and emotional instability fake orgasm (Fahs). Armstrong also reveals similar findings related to faking orgasm suggesting connection of orgasm with elimination of hopelessness (Armstrong).
Armstrong, E A. “Accounting for Women’s Orgasm and Sexual Enjoyment in College Hookups and Relationships.” American Sociological Review 435.462 (2012): 435-462.
Fahs, B. “Coming to power: women’s fake orgasms and best orgasm experiences illuminate the failures of (hetero)sex and the pleasures of connection.” Culture, Health & Se.tualin 1.6 (2014): 974-988.