Key Concepts of Family Treatment Therapy
- Extension of psychological treatment- giving client’s full range of treatment from emotional to psychological
- General systems theory- exploration of client’s relationships as units to make an entity.
- Group therapy- helps in process and content division
- Schizophrenia research- a client gets better while making a family member worse off.
- Treatment goals- came from what client presented
- Defining characteristics- using the client’s treatment resistance to promote change
- Strategic and systematic therapies- focuses on family communication in solving a problem.
- Traditional psychoanalytic methods- originally used this method for treatment
- Structural therapy; focusses to rectify broken orders by placing guardians accountable for their youngsters and to separate between subsystems inside families.
- Experiential Family Therapies -the main driver of family issues is emotional concealment
- Intergenerational and psychoanalytic family therapies-Following transgenerational and more distant family progression to comprehend a customer’s grievances
- Cognitive-Behavioural & Mindfulness-Based Couple and Family Therapies In light of the benefit of easing human enduring, the inside was established with the mission to give best in class mind in treating an assortment of issues.
- Solution-Based Therapies focuses on solution building for clients
- Collaborative And Narrative Therapies-Change the way the customers see themselves and help them in re-creating their story in a positive light;
I love Gehart because she stresses upon the fundamental areas that is and will be used in all aspects of therapeutic treatment from classroom to professional therapy. Gerhart is an excellent educator that expounds on the concept of mastering competencies. The book gives significant information on family treatment therapeutic models, the way Gehart portrays her writing gives recommendations on preparing procedure and system for family treatment.