ACCOUNTANT RESPONSIBILITIES: · Handling bank deposits · Bank statement reconciliations · Management of financial reports, budgets and making forecasts · Analysing economic data for better decision making · Going through daily accounting activities to make sure error-free compliance and regulations JOB BRIEF
We are seeking an Accountant who can manage our company’s accounts, prepare financial statements and support the finance department in their operations.
Accounts Assistant duties include management of expenses, reimbursements, recording financial transactions in the company’s database and reconciling all invoices. To attain this job, you need to have a degree in Finance or Accounting, with a relevant experience in bookkeeping.
Ultimately, your work will ensure that our Accounts department operates smoothly, with transparency and efficiency in its transactions.
- Reconcile all invoices and identify any variations
- Fashion and update all expense reports
- Operate reimbursement forms
- Create bank deposits
- Update the company’s internal database with latest financial transactions
- Review spreadsheets to ensure accuracy
- Maintain company’s financial records in physical and digital form
- Issue invoices to company’s customers as well as another concerned body
- Participate in both internal and external audits
- Previous work experience as Bookkeeper or Accounts Assistant
- Basic knowledge of accounts preparations
- Know-how of financial regulations; IAS, IFRS, GAAP, etc.
- Excellent mathematical skills and the potential to identify numerical mistakes
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and the ability to create spreadsheets, using formulas
- Practical experience of using accounting software
- Team worker
- Good time management skills
- Potential to work on sensitive and confidential projects
- BSc/Ba in Accounting, Finance or any relevant field
HOW TO ENSURE JOB ANALYSIS IS FOLLOWED EFFECTIVELY?
To make sure that the job analysis is useful and flawless, we can start by having the right job title(Florentine, 2017). Next, the study will have to have an engaging overview of the job. We must make sure that we focus on the responsibilities and growth chances(“Job Analysis: Overview,” n.d.). Also, urgency should be created for the vacant position. The company culture should be stressed(Heathfield, n.d.).
Florentine, S. (2017, November 2). 10 tips for crafting highly effective job descriptions. Retrieved November 29, 2017, from https://www.cio.com/article/3235906/hiring-and-staffing/how-to-craft-highly-effective-job-descriptions.html
Heathfield, S. M. (n.d.). Why Is Job Analysis So Important? Retrieved November 29, 2017, from https://www.thebalance.com/job-analysis-1918555
Job Analysis: Overview. (n.d.). Retrieved November 29, 2017, from http://www.job-analysis.net/G000.htm