List of all requirements, Licenses, Support Info, Time Frames, and Penalties
- According to Food Act 2001, to run the café business, notification to local council is required before the commencement of business in order to ensure Councils about your business operation.
- For manufacturing of beverages, the requirement to meet the food standards is compulsory.
- The food standards will apply to:
- Processing Aids
- Registration as a company in order to carry on the café operation. The name of the company must be registered on the Business Names Register.
- TFN information is required in order to regulate the gathering, storing, practice, disposal, and security of TFN information of individuals.
- Registration of the company is required by the Australian Securities and Investment Commission.
- Registration for a trademark is required to the Australian government.
- To comply with minimum employment conditions that include fair salary and wages.
- A written statement is required in order to ensure that operations are carried out according to the approval.
- Competency Card is required
- Tax file number of company is required
- Agreements to fulfill the certain obligations.
- Legislation of Workplace Health and Safety acts
- Rights of workplace stated in Fair Work Act.
- Work Health and Safety Legislation for hazard situations.
- According to Work Act, it is necessary to get the registration within the 14 days of beginning employment. In the case of an independent contractor, the employer needs to register under Work Cover.
- Registration for PAYG is required before withholding from payment.
License to operate the café business
The license of a small venue is required that authorizes the sale as well as the supply of beverages for on-premises consumption.
License to play background music.
License to play background music in café including CDs and iPod.
License to get appropriate support information.
License to have access to information present in Fair Work Act, Food Act, Workplace Health and Safety legislation, and from services of Australian Licensing.
Licensing of occupancy of café operations
Occupancy certificate is required in order to occupy the building.
The license of distributing printing materials
As designated for approval of printed documents.
For the trademark ten years
Without giving the notification to the council, a penalty of $300 expiation will be issued.
Licensing, legal requirements, and Permits
The license of registration and certification of the company in order to undertake the café operations.
Approval from the council is required in order to distribute printed materials such as broachers and pamphlets.
License to play background music in the café.
The license of a trade mark is required.
Registration from Australian government is required as PAYG Withholder.
License to sell beverages.
Approval for Dining at café.
Approval to get rid of waste as well as trade wastewater
Approval from officer to have the adequate information on TFN.
Approval to use public sewer.
License for development consent.
License for registration of employers
For certification of the café, Australian Business Number is required and for the pending of ABN application following information is needed:
- The proposed name of the company
- The preferred period of registration (1-3 years)
- The address of the location of café and the service documents.
- The details of Australian Business Number
To get the license of playing background music an appropriate fee is required.
For the proprietary company, a $ 479.00 fee is required.
The company should intend to use trademarks that are relevant to the goods and services according to the application.
To get the entitlement of ABN, your company must demonstrate the business structure and must carry business in Australia.
Undertaking the appropriate activities in order to commence the company.
Permit of Trade Waste Discharge is required.
Specific authorization is required for sewerage system
Internal sewer is required that is connected to sewerage system of café.
Permit of using the building for adequate maintenance for necessary safety standards.
Requirements fulfill the Food Act Food Standards Code of Australia New Zealand
According to the Food Act 2001, a notification to counsel is necessary before the commencement of business
Regular inspection is required to check the activities of café.
The food standards will apply to:
Work Health and Safety Legislation for hazard situations is required to meet the safety standards
Obligations for legal tax and Penalties
Requirements list to fulfill Legislation of Fair work
Registration for payroll tax purposes is required
ABN registration is required. For the café operation to deal with the Taxation Office as well as other governmental departments.
Essential safety provisions should be installed.
Small business Fair Dismissal code is required to ensure the protection against unfair dismissal claims.
Fair Work information statement is required to give the employees when he/she starts employment.
Areas which need provisions for outline and risk management
High risk is involved in complex, multiple discharges of trade waste.
Permit to use the building for café.
Adequate maintenance and testing are required to inspect the safety standards.
Registration of HRMWS for installation and operations is required
Certificate of the compliance for essential safety provision
Areas which need for specialist legal advice
For the maintenance standards and essential safety provisions legal advice from specialists is required.
Agreement for Development plan is required.
Provisions for the design and development location is required.
Approval for development is required.
Approval for development undertakes building work is required.
For the safety of structural issues such as protection from fire, Health, and amenity are the issues where legal advice from a specialist is required.
For installation of cooling tower, notification to Environmental Officer of Council
- labeling and other information
- substances added to food
- contaminants and residues
- maximum permissible limits of chemicals
- foods requiring pre-market clearance
- microbiological and processing
- food safety.
- Building work;
- Cleaning work;
- Driving a taxi-cab or other similar motor vehicle;
- Driving or riding a vehicle (other than a commercial motor vehicle);
- Performing as an entertainer;
- Performing work as an outworker where that work is governed by an award or industrial agreement about workers; and
- Work of a minister, priest or another member of a religious order (except designated religious orders).
Contact the agency director for further details regarding any of the above information.