Facebook is a social media and online networking service company in California. The website of Facebook was launched on 4th of February 2004 by its founder Mark Zuckerberg. Facebook was initially designed for college students and still, the primary users of Facebook are students. One can create a Facebook account by filling the form, figuring out the captcha for signing up, finding friends and filling the profile information etc. Facebook account can be used for both personal and official uses and helps to connect people throughout the world. Some of the features are discussed below:
Login approval is 2-step verification process in Facebook login, which serves as a measure for additional security. It requires an extra code while signing in an account. You will have an option for activating this login approval and if activated Facebook will ask you to add the code, which was sent to the mobile number of the user. The code generator in Facebook app generates this code for every login from a new browser or a new device. When the user gives the password of his account, a random code of 5-6 digits is received on the mobile number and user will have to give that code to log in otherwise he cannot access the account. Through this additional security step, the chances of the account being hacked can be reduced.
How 2-step verification can be activated
Login approvals can be activated by clicking on the “Account” tab and go to “Account Settings”, click on “Security” and click “Edit” written next to the login approvals, check the box of “Require me to enter a security code”, click next on “Turn on Login Approvals” box, select “Country Code” for your country, enter your mobile number in the field, click continue and the login approvals for new logins will be activated.
Pros and cons of using Facebook
Using Facebook can be beneficial as well as harmful in many ways. The pros and cons of using Facebook are discussed below:
Pros of using Facebook
- Facebook provides an opportunity to get connected to many people living far away from us and provide unlimited connectivity.
- Through Facebook one can connect and communicate free of cost and can enjoy quality communication.
- Facebook serves as a global village of information and allows people to learn and share new ideas and information with like-minded people.
- Through Facebook, people can stay trendy and up to date about latest fashion in the market.
- People can follow personalities they adore and get connected to them at any time.
- Facebook can be used for the educational purpose as well as for business use.
- Through Facebook people can like pages and join official group of their favorite companies and brands and they can stay updated what is happening out there.
Cons of using Facebook
- Privacy of the users is at risk using Facebook. Mostly females feel vulnerable, as so much of their information is present out there which increase the risk of identity theft, frauds, and hacked account. Anything that is posted online can never be gone.
- Another con of using Facebook is that it is very addictive and the most time-consuming app. People spend so much time on Facebook neglecting their other responsibilities.
- Cyberbullying is rising due to these social media sites in the name of freedom of expression.
- Annoying ads while playing videos or pop-ups while scrolling down the news feed can be irritating for its users.
- Another annoying feature of Facebook is to frequently update the old version of its app to improve the user experience but sometimes it results in reduced user experience, which can be annoying.
- Fake Facebook profiles can be misleading for the users.